Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The meaning of Life

This rememberance is based on my own & Clive Anderson's programme in Channel 4 which I have interrealeted. I always remember few certain things which always strike in my mind. Few of my memories which I am writing today that is quite important in our daily life. I always believe in doing right thing which is trying to behave honourably. I mean that if I find something, for instance, the right thing to do is to give it back to the person whom I working for or what I am working. It is usually possible to recognise the honourable course. The second thing is give respect to others so you can also expect and certainly you will get respect at the end. It is easy to be polite to the important people who you want to suck up to, however the real test of whether you are respectful to others is if you are polite to people who you do not actually need to suck up to. Therefore it is better to be polite to people regardless of their status and age. One of my good friend has sent me Dalai Lama’s new year greeting in which Dalai Lama has said to follow the three R’s:
Ø Respect for self,
Ø Respect for others and
Ø Responsibility for all your actions.
This is quite true to be a success for our future life. The third thing is to remember the good old days. Most of the old people think that today’s youngsters are bad mannered and show contempt for their elders. However we can pretty sure that their parents were also saying the same thing about them when they were young. If fact, if we go all the way back to Socrates, who was saying much the same thing about the young of this day. I think every generation thinks the country culture is going to be worse however it is not true. In fact, it is the change of time. The fourth thing is to learn to priorities. The key to making a success of life is getting the balance right. If you just live for today then you are not going to make provision for tomorrow. However if you put everything off until tomorrow then you never have that happy time. It is all about striking a balance. The last but not the least is importance of luck. Luck comes once in life so try to get it and utilize it. This is always underestimated. You need talent, hard work and luck to get on however luck is the most important factors in finding success.

No comments: