Monday, May 16, 2005

God and Religion

Since few days, I am feeling whether I have lost something. I do not know what I lost or gain but I can definitely figure out that I am unstable. My daily routine has been changed. Everybody is worry about their lonely life and especially the person who used to live with family. In this situation either we share our pain to friends, who is close to us or some of them start praying god and wish. I did not do anything except reading articles, books and other materials about others thoughts and practices that how they explain in such situation. As a mature cultural person and student who had already spent all my youth studying in management and science, I prided myself on my objectivity. I might feel empathy toward a particular subject or situation, but as a scholar I tried to distance myself to observe and take note.
In Gita, Krishna has explained when human beings allow their mind to muse on objects of sense-enjoyments, an attraction for them is created. Attraction develops into craving and from craving follow causes for anger. Anger produces delusion. Delusion confuses the memory and understanding of things; from this confusion of understanding follows the disintegration of the power of discrimination; with discrimination gone, the human perishes. Krishna has also told that for a conscious being, to exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating one’s self endlessly. In Buddhist philosophy it has been described that when the mind is disturbed, the multiplicity of things is produced, but when the mind is quieted, the multiplicity of things disappear. Fritjof Capra (1983) has stated his view in Eastern mystics, all things and events are perceived by senses are interrelated, connected, and are but different aspects or manifestations of the same ultimate reality. Our tendency to divide the perceived world into individual and separate things and to experience ourselves as isolated egos in this world is seen as an illusion which comes from measuring and categorizing mentality. However I tried to expose myself as a mature and educated person who can analyse other thoughts and can find out what is wrong and right to convince myself. Edward Thorndike (1910) the father of American educational psychology has stated his view in terms of education that the aim of education is …….…changing (the student) for the better …..….to produce in him the information, powers, habits, interests, ideas which are desirable. Intelligence has neither distinct grades no is it constituted by faculties that are truly independent but its highest manifestations are effects of a complication that has arisen by insensible steps out of the simplest elements. At last, I decided to write it down so it will help me in future that I had gone through this situation as well. In the beginning, I was simply thinking that I an entity who came to play as role in this earth. I tried to flow my mind to find out; how spiritual insights come on own, without any effort, emerging from the depth of consciousness. Consciousness seems proportionate to the living beings power of choice. It lights up the zone of potentialities that surrounds the act. It fills the internal between of what is done and what might be done. Sprit means breath, minds means a measure and thinking points to a thing, nevertheless these are cross media through which soul must be expressed. It made to think analytical, give logic and reason and pour out my impressions however in a diary to remember in future for reference purpose.
Continue..................................

No comments: